The end of our first FIFA Masters Series (FMS) Season is building to an exciting climax with players battling to make the Top 8 to win heir place in the Grand Final. During the remainder of August we have our 4th and final FMS Online Tournament on Tuesday 20th August plus insomnia49. Get signed up today for our Next Online Tournament on 20th August to ensure you get a spot and earn your FMS Points!
FIFA Masters Series (FMS) has both an offline and online element to it encouraging FIFA players to attend LAN events around the UK and also to compete online for FMS Points. FMS points given for online events arer doubled at LAN events to encourage attendance.
The Online Tournaments will run each month in the build up to the Grand Final at the end of August at insomnia49. At the end of the insomnia49 FIFA 13 tournament, points earned from insomnia48, EGL9, EGL10, insomnia49 and the 4 Online Tournaments will provide us our Top 8 players in the FMS League. These 8 will play off at insomnia49 in the FMS Grand Final for the title of FMS Champion 2013!
FMS Online Tournaments
We will be running 1 tournament per month online for the months of June through August and this is the first of these new tournaments. These tournaments will take place on one evening and be bracketed single elim. Dates will be as follows:
- June 5th (May event really)
- June 26th
- July 17th
- August 20th
This month’s tournament will present the FMS Points (described below) to Top 32 players plus the Winner will earn themselves a TUP ticket to insomnia49 courtesy of Multiplay (worth £55) and others to be announced asap.
To take part in our 4th FMS Online Tournament you need to:
- Be a registered user at mySweetpatch.TV
- Be a registered user in our Forums (learn how to join our forums) and regularly visit and communicate in the FMS Sub-Forum
- Register your attendance on our mySweetpatch.TV Event by Monday 19th August
- On Monday 19th August
- Registrations close at 21:00 UK time
- Seedings will be used based on existing FIFA Masters Series League Table placings
- Bracket will be created after 21:00 with everyone who has RSVPed
- On Tuesday 20th August
- All players to be in mySweetpatch TV Chat Room by 19:30
- Tournament will kick off by 20:00
- Tournament will be based on single elimination bracket with each round being Best of 1 format
- Tournament rules will be based on our normal 1v1 Xbox Rules
- Results must be reported on the mySweetpatch.TV Event Comments Wall by both players
- Tournament will complete in same evening
FMS Live Coverage
The tournament will be streamed live on Tuesday and a celebrity Show Team will bring you the tournament in a unique way. You will also be able to watch matches where players have the capability to stream live.
If you missed it, you can catch up with all the live coverage from the FMS tournaments so far below:
- insomnia48 Knockout Stages
- EGL9 Saturday Tournament
- EGL9 Sunday Tournament
- 1st Online FMS Tournament
- 2nd Online FMS Tournament
- 3rd Online FMS Tournament
FMS Points System
The points system has been developed to ensure fairness and encourage attendance at offline events.
For attending an event all players will receive loyalty points to acknowledge their commitment to the FIFA Masters Series and offline events will be rewarded more than online events, as follows:
- Online events = 1 loyalty point
- Offline events = 2 loyalty points
Every FIFA Masters Series qualifying tournament will provide points towards the FIFA Masters Series League based on the players finishing position, as follows (based on the Formula 1 Grand Prix points system with points doubled for offline events):
FMS League Table
Every FIFA Masters Series qualifying tournament will provide points towards the FIFA Masters Series League based on the players finishing position (based on the Formula 1 Grand Prix points system with points doubled for offline events).
Check out the latest FIFA Masters Series League Table.
Please get involved and help build the FIFA Masters Series to be a massive success for the benefit of the competitive FIFA community.