The FIFA Masters Series (FMS) is an amazing new opportunity for FIFA gamers to compete and play in a season dedicated to their favourite FIFA game at both online and offline events. Check out all the details of its launch which will kick off at insomnia48 on 23rd March 2013 (as introduced on the Back of the Net Podcast, episode 96).
The FIFA Masters Series will deliver:
- Overarching series bringing together FIFA community and FIFA events
- Community buzz
- Opportunity for Elite players to become heroes and new comers to get involved and aspire to heroes
- Bringing the passion and excitement of real soccer to eSports
- Xbox initially
To get involved in the pilot season, all you need to do is come along to insomnia48 and enter the FIFA 13 1v1 Pro Tournament sponsored by Mad Catz and you will be automatically entered in to the FIFA Masters Series!
FIFA Masters Series in detail
- The FMS will run for the life of a FIFA game, i.e. October to September, and will provide an overarching series of competitions that all contribute points towards the FMS league table.
- This is the cornerstone to build a new and vibrant FIFA community that delivers added value through the bringing together of all FIFA tournaments into a series of joined events.
- At the end of the season the FIFA Master Series Champion will be declared.
- The FIFA tournaments held at the iSeries LANs (and EGL if they hold FIFA) will be the prestige events for the Series and these will be complemented also by qualifying online events at Virgin Gaming and mySweetpatch TV.
FMS Points System
The points system has been developed to ensure fairness and encourage attendance at offline events.
For attending an event all players will receive loyalty points to acknowledge their commitment to the FIFA Masters Series and offline events will be rewarded more than online events, as follows:
- Online events = 1 loyalty point
- Offline events = 2 loyalty points
Every FIFA Masters Series qualifying tournament will provide points towards the FIFA Masters Series League based on the players finishing position, as follows (based on the Formula 1 Grand Prix points system with points doubled for offline events):
The top 8 players at the end of the season in the FIFA Masters Series League will play-off in a Grand Final Knockout Bracket with the winner being crowned the FIFA Masters Series Champion.
The FIFA Masters Series has lots more to bring the FIFA scene and this is just the start. We look forward to seeing you all at insomnia48 and get involved with kicking off something massive and new for the FIFA scene!