Powered by EA SPORTS IGNITE, FIFA 14 will introduce Elite Technique on the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This all-new feature delivers hundreds of new skills and behaviors that capture the artistry and sheer athleticism of elite footballers. Player movement in FIFA 14 is more fluid and intelligent, delivering the most realistic game experience yet.
Previously, players were limited to a few generic passing animations for multiple situations, but through the raw power and memory of next gen consoles Elite Technique unlocks hundreds of new skills. For example:
- Players will now be able to trap in 180 degrees, replacing the previous touch and turn with one fluid motion.
- Players will now be able to recognize the situation on the pitch and adapt accordingly.
- Players will be aware when taking a touch will break momentum, and instead will dummy or run over the ball to maintain the fluidity of their attack.
- New behaviours include:
- trapping the ball in stride at pace, and
- instinctive off-balance shots.
- Players will be able to use their body and all parts of the foot, allowing them to cut open the defense with an opportunistic overhead, slice or lob pass.
- The right trigger will also allow players to trap using their chest, potentially giving them the inch of space needed to reel off a curling lace shot.
Elite Technique gives players multiple ways to receive the ball, opens up more attacking options and creates exciting scoring opportunities. Technically proficient players will be able to receive the ball, shield it from a defender and continue an attack in such a manner that only the best defenders will be able to slow them down.
Do you think it will make a real difference to the gameplay?
FIFA 14, developed at EA Canada, will release worldwide within the next 12 months on Xbox One and the PlayStation 4, and is available for pre-order below. A version of FIFA 14 will also release in North America on September 24 and worldwide on September 27 on:
- the Xbox 360® games and entertainment system with Kinect™ from Microsoft,
- PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system with PlayStation Move support,
- Windows® PC,
- Nintendo Wii™,
- Nintendo 3DS™,
- PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system,
- PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, and
- PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system
- FIFA 14 on mobile will be available on iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod® touch as well as Android devices this fall. Other mobile platforms will be revealed later.
Pre-Order Your FIFA 14 Now!
Excited and want to pre-order your copy of FIFA 14? Then visit our FIFA 14 Store NOW!